Friday, September 26, 2014

30 Paintings in 30 Days - Day Twenty Six

Day 26 in the 30 Paintings in 30 Days challenge. Today's painting is inspired by the beautiful fall colors of the Colorado Aspen changing colors. The painting is titled "Apple, Aspen, and Album".

I decided to make the photos in the album soft focus or blurred so that they wouldn't distract from the foreground apple and aspen leaves. I started the painting by blocking off some of the leaves and painted in the photos using wet-in-wet washes of color.

When I was taking my picture I looked for the shadows of the leaves to add interest to the scene. I also changed some of the colors of the leaves to make sense of the jumble on the stem and give them fall coloring.

"Apple, Aspen, and Album" is a 6"x6" watercolor and it is available on Daily Paintworks for $150 (framed). Click here to purchase.




No comments:

Post a Comment