Thursday, September 25, 2014

30 Paintings in 30 Days - Day Twenty Four

"Monopoly, Marbles, and Mints" LWatry©2014
Day 24 of the 30 Paintings in 30 Days is done. It was a late night completion, but I persevered!
This painting is "Monopoly, Marbles, and Mints".

My husband loves to play Monopoly and hopes the games go on for hours. So, I enjoyed painting the Monopoly and I wanted to paint the marbles and mints again, so a marriage of M's transpired.

I started by once again using one of my new favorite colors, Ultramarine Turquoise. I used this color very thinned down for the surface of the Monopoly board.

The little game pieces and marbles were fun to paint. I just needed to make sure I used enough value changes to make them look dimensional. The highlight under some of the marbles gives them the feeling of being reflective.

I like the layout because the big letters in the word Monopoly along with the angled edges in the front looks like an arrow pointing at the viewer.

"Monopoly, Marbles, and Mints" is a 6"x6" watercolor and it is available for purchase on Daily Paintworks for SOLD. Click here to purchase.

4 comments: