Sunday, September 14, 2014

30 Paintings in 30 Days - Day Fourteen

"Chickadees and Chain" LWatry©2014
Day Fourteen of the 30 Paintings in 30 Days Challenge. I chose to paint a close up of three Chickadees sitting on a bike chain. I used my husbands bike as the bike source.

If you are wondering how I accomplished this image, I took a picture of the bike and its shadow. Then using my photo software, I added the chickadees from photos that I had taken of each of them in my backyard.

I like the mostly neutral or gray painting with the bright splash of red for a pop of color. I don't use tube grays. I mix all of my grays for an interesting variety.

"Chickadees and Chain" is a 6"x6" watercolor and it is available on Daily Paintworks for $150 (framed). Click here to purchase.

No comments:

Post a Comment