Friday, September 19, 2014

30 Paintings in 30 Days - Day Nineteen

"Tickets, Taffy, Two Player" LWatry©2014
Day Nineteen of the 30 Paintings in 30 Days challenge and I have opted for bright and busy! This painting was inspired by a visit to a local arcade with vintage games that you can play for pennies, nickles, dimes, and quarters. The title is "Tickets, Taffy, Two Player".

I started the painting by masking the tickets and taffy and then started painting the very busy background. I liked the shadows the tickets created and the bright light on the other objects.

I added the far left, red, piece of taffy at the very end because I felt like that corner was too empty.

This fun scene, "Tickets, Taffy, Two Player" is a 6"x6" watercolor and it is available on Daily Paintworks for $150 (framed). Click here to purchase.

No comments:

Post a Comment