Friday, September 26, 2014

30 Paintings in 30 Days - Day Twenty Five

"Green Glass, Goldfinch, and Grapes" LWatry©2014
Day 25 of the 30 Paintings in 30 Days and I finished a few minutes before midnight! The title for this one begins with 'G' words - Green Glass, Goldfinch, and Grapes".

Once again this glass painting seemed to go faster than I though it would. It is all about painting the little abstract shapes and make sure there are good values. The glass is a few pieces that I have collected from depression era glass. I like the glow of the juicer.

I enjoyed painting the goldfinch and ended up getting a nice glow around his head.

The painting is not quite as intense in color as the image appears on my screen.

"Green Glass, Goldfinch, and Grapes" is a 6"x6" watercolor was juried into the 2014 Randy Higbee Gallery, 6" Squared Exhibition and Sale. The paintings are available through the gallery and online at: www.DailyBrushwork.com


No comments:

Post a Comment