Friday, September 19, 2014

30 Paintings in 30 Days - Day Eighteen

"Cookie Cutters, Crayons, and Coffee" LWatry©2014
Day Eighteen's painting of the 30 Paintings in 30 Days actually was completed on Day 19. I had a busy day and didn't like how the painting was starting out. So, late in the evening of the 18th, I decided to start over. I then completed the painting on the 19th. I am much happier with the second version and realized I can only push so fast before I start to lose quality.

I started the painting by masking off the foreground elements of crayons and cookie cutters so that I could paint the counter top surface. I used a mouth atomizer to create the speckled texture.

The cookie cutters lend a story like quality to the scene because they are standing up. At first I had a lot of cookie cutters laying down and more crayons, but it really didn't grab me. So, by playing with the layout some more, I hit upon the final layout.

"Cookie Cutters, Crayons, and Coffee" is a 6"x6" watercolor and it is available at Daily Paintworks for $150 (framed). Click here to purchase.

No comments:

Post a Comment