Monday, September 29, 2014

30 Paintings in 30 Days - Day Twenty NIne

"Toys, Tazo Tea, Toast, and Tic-Tac-Toe" LWatry©2014
Day 29 of the 30 Paintings in 30 Days challenge and my alliterative title begins with 'T' words - "Toys, Tazo Tea, Toast, and Tic-Tac-Toe".

I wanted to paint a few of the toys I had sitting around my studio, yes they are mine. But, I couldn't seem to figure out what to put with them. Then I hit upon the tea and toast. The tic-tac-toe came to me as I was headed to bed.

The toast was interesting to paint. I couldn't quite get the crumbly feel on the surface until I used a small sea sponge and got just the right texture. And of course after taking my photos for the painting, I drank the tea and ate the toast. Killing two birds with one stone, as they say.

This painting, "Toys, Tazo Tea, Toast, and Tic-Tac-Toe" is a 6"x6" watercolor and it is available on Daily Paintworks for $90. Click here to purchase.

No comments:

Post a Comment