Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Painting Silver Adventure

Shows Over ©L Watry
Here is the full image of "Shows Over". I still have more to paint on the main tuba and some of the background instruments and clothing. When I am not painting I often carry my painting around with me while I do other things. I set it across the room from me and it gives me a chance to view it from a distance.  I will also set it up to look at the painting in a mirror so that I see it reversed.  HINT: it is easier to see mistakes or values that need to be adjusted when you look at your painting in the reverse or even upside down.

2 comments:

  1. I like the tip and I think that it applies to other things as well. I find not only the lighting and environment make me see things differently, but my mood and emotions as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never thought of it that way before, but that is so true! Now if only we could look at ourselves in the mirror and change our flaws as easily as a paintings.

    ReplyDelete